An online community is like a live event, it’s made of people, and we duly demand full respect. It also applies to future in-person events we may organise.
As there is zero tolerance about discrimination, the best is to avoid any conversation about controversial topics such as religion, politics or country dominance. Speech of hate, violence, drugs, weapons, p orn or similar topics is strictly forbidden as well as illegal activities under international or EU, UK, Swiss and US laws.
Gathering WP, and its sister sites, believes our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, body shape, ethnicity, religion, knowledge or language level, academic degree, tools used, …
We invite all members, visitors or other participants of this website, and future in-person events, to help us realise a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We encourage participants to recognise and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their effects on our community.
Communities mirror the societies in which they exist and positive action is essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power that exist in society.
If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, please recognize their efforts.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, body-shape.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualised comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid membership).